Thursday, June 28, 2012

Mom's frosting

We never had store-bought frosting growing up, and I still don't like it to this day! Mom's tastes the best. I made some cupcakes for my brother-in-law's Eagle Court of Honor yesterday, and I completely regret not using this recipe! But I didn't want to risk not being able to make it firm enough to stand, so I used Our Best Bites' frosting recipe.
We went patriotic 

 It was good and it looked really cute, but not as tasty in my opinion. So, lesson learned.

Mom's frosting
4 Tbsp. butter, softened (not melted!)
3 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4+ c. milk

Combine ingredients with hand mixer or stand mixer. Add powdered sugar or milk as needed to reach desired consistency.

All the little kids loved the edible stars



No comments:

Post a Comment