Thursday, April 19, 2012

Black bean quesadillas

We are kind of in love with this meal!! It's filling, healthy, and fast. What more could you want from dinner? I've made it way more than once in the last three weeks since coming upon the recipe. That says a lot, coming from someone who hates repeating meals and avoids it like the plague. Next time I will have to try them with Lindsay's quesadillas!

Black bean quesadillas
adapted from Budget Bytes

Ingredients:
-1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
-1 cup frozen corn (I thaw the corn for 10ish minutes)
-1/2 small red onion, finely diced
-1/4 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
-1 clove garlic/ 1 tsp. garlic salt
-2 Tbsp. taco seasoning
-2 tsp. lime juice
-1 1/2 cups cheese
-8-10 tortillas

Directions:
-Mix all ingredients (except the tortillas, of course) in a bowl til everything's coated and mixed well. 
-Spoon mixture onto half of a tortilla.
-Cook quesadillas on a skillet on medium-low heat til both sides of the tortilla are crispy and the cheese has melted.
-Enjoy! We cut ours in half for easier dipping in salsa (I will share my favorite salsa next week) and serve with tortilla chips. Last time I made this my sister-in-law said the mixture is really yummy cold on a chip too!
This typically makes enough to fill about 7-8 tortillas, but I like mine pretty thick. You could probably fill them less full and use more tortillas. This meal takes about 10 minutes to prepare, and 20 minutes to get all the quesadillas cooked. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment