Thursday, April 12, 2012

Mini Chicken Pot Pies

This was not what I had planned to make/share for my first post on this lovely blog! But it kind of just fell into my lap and I had to post it instead. It's the end of the semester for my husband, so he is on campus studying late every night, barely coming home to eat and sleep. Typically when he gets in this mode I make sure I know when he'll be home so I can have dinner ready. He eats quickly, then hurries back to studying. The other day, however, he came home earlier than normal and I had no idea he was coming! So of course I had nothing ready. But then this recipe popped into my head- perfect!! It's quick and healthy, and it has become comfort food in our house. I had to cook the chicken first, so this meal took 40 minutes total for me to prepare from frozen to finish. Not bad!

Mini Chicken Pot Pies
adapted from "Call Me Mrs. Rapp" found HERE

Ingredients:
8-count refrigerated biscuits (I used Grands Homestyle)
1 cooked chicken breast, finely diced (optional)
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
1/2 cup cheese (I used Monterey Jack and Cheddar)
1/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
1/4 cup frozen broccoli florets, thawed
1/2 tsp. parsley flakes
1 tsp. lemon pepper
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. salt

Directions:
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees (the referenced recipe says 400, but the biscuits say 350. I accidentally went with the biscuits and was glad I did). Take frozen veggies out to thaw for 5 or so minutes.

-Combine veggies, chicken, soup, cheese, parsley, lemon pepper, pepper, and salt in a medium-sized bowl. The chicken may be omitted for a meatless version of this recipe.

-Press each biscuit into a lightly-greased muffin cup. Be careful of air holes in the bottom and make sure the dough goes all the way up the sides of the cup!

-Spoon chicken mixture into the biscuit cups (to almost full). Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Mine took about 20.

-Serve with rice and enjoy!

Some of mine overflowed



1 comment:

  1. Looks good! I'm going to veganizing this. I'll let you know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete