Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Apple Cinnamon Muffins

I have a dream. In my dream I am organized, and I own a deep freezer. In that deep chest freezer it is stocked full of pre-made meals, muffins, breads, and cookie dough, all ready to be pulled out at a moment's notice. But alas, I do not own a deep freezer, and I don't have things nicely made ahead of time. But these would be some good muffins to have in your freezer--ready for your husband to grab a bag on his way to work, or if your children need a mid-morning snack. This morning, they went nicely with our oatmeal and OJ.

A word about this recipe...I have no idea where it came from. I think I copied it down out of my mom's big box of 3x5 recipe cards before I left for college. But it seems kind of weird to me, so feel free to play around with it if you know what you're doing in the kitchen.

1 c. margarine or butter
2 c. sugar (what?! I only used one cup)
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
16 oz. applesauce
3 1/2 c. flour
2 tsp. soda
3 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. cloves
1 tsp. all spice
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
Cook at 350 for 15-20 minutes

*I took it easy on the spices, but you shouldn't. And surely there's gotta be a better way than a whole cup of butter right?
These are dense muffins. They don't rise a whole lot so fill up those muffin cups. Makes 24

No comments:

Post a Comment